Reporting to: Ady Harold, Support & QA Team
Lead Hours: 9.00 am - 5:30 pm Monday - Friday
A bit about us
Edo is a user-centred digital agency with a core base of clients in the not-for-profit sector. We work with the likes of Amnesty International, Samaritans, Nesta and Mind, helping them to engage better with their online audiences.
We help clients devise digital strategies and develop a deep understanding of their stakeholders’ digital needs. We build websites, create digital brands, and give people the digital skills they need to make their organisation grow and succeed.
About the role
We’re looking for someone to maintain the highest level of quality standards on our development projects, and work with Support team colleagues to test ad-hoc tickets on existing client sites. We’re looking for someone with great attention-to-detail, who can understand and communicate issues both internally to our development teams and externally to colleagues and third parties.
We want you to be passionate about producing the very best products, champion quality standards, encourage best practice and introduce new tools, processes & systems (including automated testing) as you see fit.
- Test project work against wireframes, designs and specifications
- Test ad-hoc support tickets
- Create clear and comprehensive bug reports
- Maintain and create QA documentation including smoke tests and test plans
- Own and proactively develop standards and encourage best practice
- Develop our automated testing solution
- Be responsible for maintaining our device library and testing tools
- Provide guidance on browser & device compatibility
- Provide guidance on accessibility
- Feed into project specifications and attend project kick-off meetings
- Collaboration with team members across the agency
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent attention-to-detail
- Patience and persistence
- Previous experience of bug tracking systems e.g Zendesk or JIRA
- Clear communication of bugs e.g. steps to replicate, prerequisites etc.
- Understanding of usability and user experience principles
- A desire to learn and work with a wide variety of web platforms, systems & environments
- A passion for releasing the best product we possibly can
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous digital agency experience
- Previous experience of ticket management systems
- Previous experience of methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- An understanding of Drupal, Symfony, Squarespace and Shopify
You’ll be well rewarded, enjoy great benefits and join a friendly digital team, with a great work ethic. You’ll be working for one of the happiest places in Bristol in a brand new office (we even won “Best Place to Work in Tech in the South West” at this year’s Sparkies), so come and find out more about us to see if there’s a good fit. If you join us, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- Company matched pension scheme and life assurance
- BUPA cash plan - claim back prescriptions, eye/dental care and more
- Training and development opportunities
- Childcare vouchers
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Minimum of 25 days holiday (increases with long service, and you’ll have the opportunity to buy/sell leave)
- Christmas closure (we stop work just before Christmas, and return to the office in the new year)
- Lovely open plan office which includes secure bike parking
- Free gym and showers at the office
- Retail discounts
- Friday beer o’clock (or… wine o’clock/cider o’clock/lemonade o’clock whichever you’d prefer)
- Monthly knowledge share (with a tasty lunch)
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Weekly fruit delivery
We’re also a social bunch with summer and Christmas parties, free fruit, beer o’clock on a Friday and plenty of opportunities for learning, skill sharing and career development.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not contact us if you represent a recruitment agency - we already work with a small number of recruiters and aren't looking to work with any more.