A bit about us
We help our clients design products, services and propositions that meet changing audience needs and create simple and effective experiences.
We shape strategy, build websites and applications, create digital brands, and give people the skills and confidence they need to help their organisations grow and succeed. We have a client base that we are extremely proud of, which includes: Barnardo’s, Parkinson’s UK, St John Ambulance, Alzheimer’s Society, WWF, British Heart Foundation and Citizens Advice, to name but a few.
About the role
This is an exciting and varied role in the Development & Support team. You will work closely with the QA and Project Management teams in order to solve client queries, fix bugs and implement new functionality across our Drupal website portfolio. You’ll also work with our User Experience and Design teams on more in-depth pieces of support work.
You’ll be able to scope and implement technical solutions within time and budget constraints, be instrumental in sharing expertise, knowledge and best practice with other members of the team and help to shape support processes, tools and practices.
You are adaptable to change, but also take a methodical and planned approach to your work. Having a client-focused, best practice approach to your development is key. You can demonstrate a strong knowledge of Drupal with experience to back it up, and have a great knowledge of both front and back end technologies e.g. HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, PHP, MySQL, SASS/LESS etc.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Drupal experience (both back-end and front-end)
- An aptitude for learning new technologies, systems and tools
- Drupal theming
- PHP & MySQL development
- Front-end preprocessor tools such as Gulp, CSS tools such as SASS or LESS
- Experience with Git or version control systems
- Proven implementation of web standards including accessibility
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of APIs and third party integrations
- Good working knowledge of JIRA
- Issue-tracking software, such as Redmine or Zendesk
- Linux and Apache / NGINX
- Email server configuration
- Google Apps for Business (e.g. Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts both internally and directly with our client’s technical teams in an open, honest and jargon-free way
- Great at interpreting client requests and seeking more information
- Friendly, polite, patient, empathetic, highly flexible around changes to schedule
- A lover of problem solving, and a great troubleshooter and innovator when it comes to solving common recurring problems
- Coaching and mentoring
- Working to SLAs and estimates in a timely manner
- A self-starter able to join a small team and hit the ground running with minimal supervision
- Passion and knowledge of wide range of web technologies
You’ll be well rewarded, enjoy great benefits and join a friendly digital team, with a great work ethic. You’ll be working for one of the happiest places in Bristol in a brand new office (we even won “Best Place to Work in Tech in the South West” at the 2017 Sparkies), so come and find out more about us to see if there’s a good fit. If you join us, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- Training and development opportunities
- Minimum of 25 days holiday (increases with long service, and you’ll have the opportunity to buy/sell leave)
- Your birthday off
- Flexible working options, including a nine day fortnight
- BUPA cash plan - claim back prescriptions, eye/dental care and more
- Company matched pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Open plan office, close to Temple Meads train station
- Secure bike parking
- Free gym and showers at the office
- Retail discounts
- Friday beer o’clock (or… wine o’clock/cider o’clock/lemonade o’clock whichever you’d prefer)
- Monthly knowledge share (with a tasty free lunch)
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Weekly fruit delivery
We are a highly social business - we have great summer and Christmas parties, plus plenty of opportunities to socialise through various social and sports clubs, plus monthly knowledge share lunches and supporting a selected local charity through volunteering and fundraising.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV and cover letter telling us why you think you’re the one for the job to email@example.com
Please do not contact us if you represent a recruitment agency - we already work with a small number of recruiters and aren't looking to work with any more. Thank you!