We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to take on a Lead DevOps role. We are going through a period of exciting growth and this is an essential leadership role within our team in the evolution of the business.
We are looking to diversify our technology offering in order to be able to offer the latest and most innovative solutions to our current and future clients. We also want someone who can help shape our robustness and resilience with our technical infrastructure and data compliance.
This role will also involve client engagement in terms of helping to shape their technology strategy and planning as part of our wider business transformation consultancy offering.
The successful Linux DevOps / Linux Systems Administrator will become an active member of our fast-growing development team (Across PHP and .NET) and take responsibility for managing our platforms across multiple data centres using Puppet configuration management, as well as developing and maintaining automated build processes and internal services.
The ideal DevOps will have extensive Linux knowledge ideally utilised within a Web Operations environment (WebOps), proven commercial experience in a Systems Admin role, including maintaining, developing and supporting Linux-based systems (Red Hat / CentOS or variants).
As the Lead DevOps Engineer, your role will vary based on project and internal needs but to give you an idea, you could find yourself involved with:
- Continuous improvement of practices
- Taking ownership of all infrastructure issues and cloud management
- Developing and improving CI/CD pipelines
- Automating business processes
- Optimising application environments
- Improving the overall efficiency of our services and offerings
- Promoting DevOps ways of working across the company
- Experience with Costing/Estimating/Planning DevOps projects
- Good understanding of frameworks and Opensource CMS systems
- A strong Infrastructure organisation and management experience
- Expert Linux System Administration skills
- High level of skill with cloud platforms (especially AWS)
- Experience with Docker Containers
- Commercial configuration and release management knowledge (DevOps tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar)
- An understanding of and experience with Continuous Integration using Jenkins or another CI tool.
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages (i.e. Python, Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with source control systems (Git)
A little more about Edo
We help our clients design products, services and propositions that meet changing audience needs and create simple and effective experiences.
We shape strategy, build websites and applications, create digital brands, and give people the skills and confidence they need to help their organisations grow and succeed.
We have a client base that we are extremely proud of, which includes: Amnesty International, Ofcom, Cancer Research UK, United Nations, Louis Vuitton, Royal College of Physicians, Microsoft Nokia, VW Financial Services, to name but a few.
We believe our people are at the heart of everything we do. We can guarantee that you will find working for us engaging and rewarding. We’ll ask you to challenge yourself regularly, but we’ll also give you all the support you need to meet these challenges. Our HQ is in central Bristol and we have an established London office in Farringdon.
At Edo, we believe in a positive work / life balance. We have a dedicated People team ensuring that the wellbeing of our employees is paramount. As well as a generous salary, as part of the Edo team, you’ll also receive:
- Minimum of 25 days holiday (increases with long service, and you’ll have the opportunity to buy/sell leave)
- Your birthday off
- BUPA cash plan - claim back prescriptions, eye/dental care and more
- Company matched pension scheme and life assurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Childcare vouchers
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Retail discounts
- Friday beer o’clock (or… wine o’clock/cider o’clock/lemonade o’clock)
- Monthly knowledge share (with a tasty lunch)
- Cycle2Work scheme
Our office is pretty great too. We’re based at The Quorum on Old Market roundabout meaning we are really central, and a 10 minute walk from the train station. Our office:
- Is open plan to encourage collaboration
- Has secure bike parking
- Has a free gym and showers
- Gets a weekly seasonal fruit delivery
- Enjoys local Extract Coffee and a swanky coffee machine
- Supports a local charity
- Is passionate about recycling and the local community
We also are a highly social business - we have great summer and Christmas parties, plus plenty of opportunities to socialise through various social and sports clubs, plus monthly knowledge share lunches and supporting a selected local charity through volunteering and fundraising. It’s not just us that thinks this is a great place to work though, we recently received the SPARKies ‘Best place to work in tech’ award!
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not contact us if you represent a recruitment agency - we already work with a small number of recruiters and aren't looking to work with any more.