Location: Bristol or London
Reporting to: Lauren Howells
You’ll be the voice and face of Edo, generating leads and engaging with prospects! You’ll be responsible for building a pipeline of qualified leads and prospecting to meet business KPIs, personal targets and company objectives.
You’ll set up appointments and find potential clients for Edo. You’re the first step in the prospecting process, and we’ll rely on your persuasive abilities and creative methods of finding potential customers.
You’re highly relational, creative and intuitive. You understand our business inside out and back to front and can come up with tailored approaches that excite prospects, focused on helping them to overcome their business challenges. You build relationships and trust quickly.
You have proven success in lead generation but also have the aptitude and ambition to grow this area of the business. This is the first time we’ve recruited this role so there is huge potential for personal growth.
Working closely across teams, you’ll be driven and excited to coach and mentor teams to nurture a culture of “whole business selling”.
A bit about you
Communication skills lead the way
You’re relational. You’re a smooth, calm, enthusiastic talker. At the same time, you can’t just babble when you first greet potential clients! You’ve got to be able to organise your thoughts to present a clear and convincing argument to prospects. You’ll also need effective written skills to send out mini proposals, work on new phone scripts and send emails to prospects.
Find them first
One of your main roles is to find the potential clients so you can call them and give them your well-rehearsed yet tailored speech. You’ll need to think creatively and build your own lists, networks and work your little black book to establish leads. You may end up calling 50 numbers before you get a lead but you’re resilient enough to know that lead generation is a numbers game that you’ve got to play.
Follow up confidently
This role requires you to follow up with prospects to get them even more excited to meet with you. You’ll send them tailored, intuitive collateral and proposals about Edo’s services. You’re confident, ambitious and intuitive enough to understand what prospects want and go ahead and talk to them about how we can help.
This role requires an in depth understanding of what Edo does, how we work and what we can offer. You’ll have the intellect and gravitas to engage with prospects in a meaningful way and be passionate about digital and the industry in which we operate.
- Develop new business leads by using your own networks, your black book, telephone, email and social media
- Conduct research to identify potential prospects
- Identify appropriate prospects within the target markets
- Follow up on leads and introduce / sell Edo in the right way
- Conduct ongoing needs analysis and determine prospects pain points / challenges to determine how Edo will meet those needs
- Identify key influencers within prospect organisations
- Quality leads and opportunities in the right way
- Identify and discuss realistic budgets and timelines
- Build prospect relationships and trust. Initiate communications and conduct follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel
- Work with the sales and marketing team to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue targets
- Follow up on warm leads created from marketing activity: email campaigns and events
- Manage data for new and prospective clients in Salesforce, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached
- Prepare and analyse sales pipeline reports and dashboards
Key Skills & Attributes
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Ambitious, self-motivated, detail oriented, organised, friendly, high energy, positive and creative
- Critical thinking, judgement and emotional intelligence - judging a prospect's interest level and coming up with solutions that meet their needs and challenges
- Self-starter, goal oriented and experience of working in an entrepreneurial environment
- A passion for how digital can solve organisations challenges
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Salesforce experience would be ideal
We are committed to finding the right person for this role and are willing to discuss hours and location of work (Bristol or London) to ensure this happens.
To apply for this role, please send your CV through with an introductory email to email@example.com
No agencies please.