Volkswagen Financial Services' impact
That the challenge was to create a system that was easier for the dealerships to use and that could be customer facing.
That there was a requirement for the solution design to simplify the workflow for: central finance team, in-store retailers, VWFS business analysts and in-house developers.
- A programme of ethnography to establish user requirements across core audiences (retailers, underwriters, risk management, product creation and management, support teams, sales, end customers)
- A solution to manage and control from one central point, the UK financing of the entire Volkswagen Group (VWG) of brands: Volkswagen, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Bentley and Porsche.
- A solution to simplify and streamlined VWFS’ financial quotation system, making it easier to process more quotes, more often
- A solution around user needs, rather than technical functionality.
- A solution to deliver greater efficiencies and on one that drives efficacy.
- A responsive solution facilitating the processing of quotes via mobile devices
Discovery and insight into how the system could be redesigned to improve: workflow and cost efficiency.
A front-end components library that gave VWFS the code for all forms, actions and styles within the system allowing for the management of global functionality.