We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing the highest possible quality of service. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us.
We collect the information you supply to us through enquiry and registration forms, and every time you e-mail us. We also collect information automatically about your visit to our site. The information obtained in this way, which includes demographic data and browsing patterns, is only used in aggregate form, and as such cannot be used to identify you.
This aggregate information may be used to:
- Build up marketing profiles
- Aid strategic development
- Audit usage of the site
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via edo.co for the purposes of:
- Providing the best possible service
- Processing any orders you may have made
- Conducting market research surveys
- Running competitions
- Providing you with information about products and services we offer
If you would like to be kept up to date with special offers and information from Edo by email, please tick the appropriate box on the registration form.
If you do not wish to receive ANY information, news or offers from Edo, please contact us. Your details will not be passed to other companies.
When you register with Edo, your computer will store an identifying code in a cookie. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, though you can usually change your browser to prevent this.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are set by the site and are considered essential for it to function correctly.
- ServerID - Load balancer cookie. If a site uses multiple servers, this cookie helps distribute tasks
- SESS - This is a session cookie, used to track logged-in status. The cookie name is usually suffixed with a random ID. Eg. SESS1234abc
These cookies are used to help us improve your experience of our site. Information collected by these cookies is used to help us understand how our visitors use the site so we can improve how we present content. The data collected by these cookies in anonymised.
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz - Google Analytics cookies. We use analytics software to evaluate user activity on the site. Anonymised information on links, buttons clicked on the site, what pages have been visited and for how long is compiled by Google Analytics and used to help us improve our site and content.
Third party cookies
We use cookie-free third party services where possible, however some services require cookies to function. We cannot control the dissemination of these cookies and cannot prevent them form being set. Please check the relevant third party website for more information about these cookies.
- Nid,Pref - Google tracking and safe browsing cookies. Google’s NID and PREF cookies are set by browsers to protect users against known intrusive sites. If you arrive at one of these sites it allows your browser to take action or notify you. Users can stop these cookies being set by turning off their browser’s ‘safe browsing’ mode.
How you can control the cookies used and placed on your computer
You can control the use and placing of any cookies on your computer through the settings you select on your internet browser. To do this, identify your internet service provider, click on the relevant link below and follow the instructions.
PC or Mac browsers